How to Run a Casino Night
Casino Nights are a great way to raise money for your charity, club, school or society. Casino Nights are also excellent for team building events and hen/stag nights!
You can use real money but profits must be allocated to a charitable or sporting cause.
How do you raise income?
- Sell tickets to the event (£10 x 50 = £500)
- Sell chips on the night (£5 x 50 = £250)
- Sponsor the Casino Night (£100)
- Sell separate draw tickets (£5 x 50 = £250)
- Auction donated Prizes (£50 - £500)
You can choose to book in a Professional Casino Operator or hire/buy a DIY Casino Night Package and operate yourself.
When you have decided, this is what Equipment you will need and How the Casino Night works:
- Casino tables to include: Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Fortune Wheel
- Croupiers / Dealers (can be trained for DIY Nights)
- Chips in different values to place your bets
- PA system so that you can be heard!
- Raffle Tickets
- Tables and chairs for selling tickets.
- Theming and decoration.
- Posters to advertise for a Fund Raising Casino Night.
How the Casino Night works
First explain to the audience that you are using a system that pays out winners on each deal or spin of the wheel. The guests will get a amount of FREE chips to get them started but can buy more.
The price of the chips is your decision and depends very much upon your audience. The more you can charge the more money in and more for your charity! If you make 10 chips for £5 equivalent to £50k (fun money) then with a bit of shrewd gambling and a huge slice of luck you can get some high rolling Millionaires!
The tables are then open and punters come to the front table to place their bets.
The games are then played for a chosen period and often a break is a good idea for food and drink (buffet advisable). The players can commiserate or celebrate and you can take the opportunity to sell more chips.
Now for the Prize Giving?
Don't panic. It is quite simple. Here is are two examples:
Winners are given fixed prizes worthy of their skills.
Winners chose their prizes based on your packaging .. Hilarious!
After all of the winners have collected their prizes the raffle can be run with lots of smaller prizes to spread the fortune.
The night will normally start about 8pm and run through to 11pm or Closing Time. A break is advised for a light buffet meal. Allow a good 15 minutes for Prize Giving.